Report Unlicensed Operators

How to check if a provider is licensed

It is simple to check if a Company, Sole Trader or Employee holds a security licence, and under what service categories, by checking the PSPLA Public Register of licence holders – 


How to make a complaint against an unlicensed operator

If you are aware of a provider operating without the appropriate licence, you can either:

Option 1
Make a complaint directly with the PSPLA online at

(Note: a copy of the complaint notice will be provided to the party concerned which may in some cases be commercially sensitive)

Option 2
Complete the following details that will enable the NZSA CEO to investigate and if appropriate, lodge a complaint with the PSPLA under the NZSA’s name.