You can make a complaint with the PSPLA (Private Security Personnel Licensing Authority) against the following individuals/companies:

  • Unlicensed individuals or companies
  • Uncertified individuals
  • Licensed individuals or companies
  • Certified individuals

Reasons for making a complaint

The form lists all the reasons you can complain about private security operators. These include:

  • not having a licence or certificate for the class of work they’re doing
  • not wearing a visible identification (ID) badge while working
  • not giving the name and address of their employer
  • not completing training
  • breaking a condition of their licence or certificate
  • misconduct or gross negligence
  • not being eligible for a licence or certificate under section 62 or section 63 of the Private Security Personnel and Private Investigators Act 2010. These cover things like criminal convictions, driving disqualifications and licences that have been cancelled or suspended in the past.

Please click here to connect directly to the PSPLA complaints page.

To make a complaint against an NZSA member please go to the ‘contact us’ section or email [email protected]