Industry Code of Practice for Access Controlled Doors and Compliance Schedule Reference Guide
One of the key focus areas for the Electronic Security Special Interest Group has been the need for clarity and consistency around building compliance.
To assist in progressing this we have formed a close relationship with the Association of Building Compliance (ABC).
ABC was established to build competency, set a high standard, and provide accountability in the provision of services for Building Warrant of Fitness (BWoF).
The aims for ABC include:
- To educate, and provide information and guidelines on industry issues and legislative changes in relation to the Building Compliance Industry
- Educate Members through education, training workshops, courses and resources to work to meet current legislative requirements and standards
- To consult on, participate and provide training and expertise in any matters of legislation and regulation by Government and Territorial Authorities applicable to either or both the Building Compliance regime and/or Independent Qualified Person (IQP) regime
- Promote and foster relationships with key stakeholders and other related industry groups
- Actively promote standards and to support and encourage Employer and Employee participation in industry training initiatives
These aims are obviously closely aligned with those of the NZSA.
We wish to make our members who operate in the electronic security sector aware of two important documents that have been prepared by ABC.
- Code of Practice for Electro Mechanical Controlled Locking Devices on Egress Doors (e.g Access Controlled Doors)
- Compliance Schedule Reference Guide (Content Examples)
Both of these documents can be found on the NZSA Website under Good Practice Guideline and Industry Codes of Practice.
The NZSA team.