The NZSA is the peak body representing the security industry in New Zealand.
Membership provides the opportunity to have a voice in how our industry works and to lift and influence standards across training, licensing and operational performance. The NZSA speaks up when it counts, influencing key decision makers and vigorously representing member interests at all levels of government.
- The benefits of being a member of NZSA are wide-ranging and include:
- Timely and comprehensive information on industrial relations, employment and technical issues.
- Access to numerous Member Benefit Programmes.
- Recognition as a creditable, high quality and trustworthy service provider under the Associations Code of Conduct.
- Shared knowledge through meetings and other events designed to create a culture of co-operation with the overall objective of strengthening best practice in the security industry.
- The opportunity to participate in Special Interest Groups specific to your business interests.
- Ability to source labour resource and placement subsidies though the NZSA MSD Work Broker programme.
Corporate Members are those businesses or entities who provide security services for valuable consideration. Security services are those specified within the Private Security Personnel and Private Investigators Act 2010 as requiring the holding of a Security Licence. Corporate members are encouraged to display the NZSA logo and their membership on all corporate materials and have full voting rights at meetings of the Association.
Application fee: $135 + GST
Membership Subscription: See NZSA Corporate Membership Subscriptions 2022
Associate Company Members are those businesses or entities who have an interest in the security industry but are not required to hold a Security Licence under the Private Security Personnel and Private Investigators Act 2010. Associate Members may include suppliers or customers of the security industry, or providers of services not covered by the Act but that may form part of an integrated security solution or service. Associate Members are welcome to display the NZSA Logo and their membership on all corporate materials but do not hold voting rights at meetings of the Association.
Application fee: $135 + GST
Membership Subscription: $800 + GST per financial year
Associate Individual Members are individuals who may work in the industry or have an interest in the industry. Individual Associate members may refer to their membership where appropriate but are not permitted to use the NZSA Logo in association with their employer or any business with whom they may be involved with. Individual Associate Members do not hold voting rights at meetings of the Association.
Membership Subscription: $145 + GST per financial year, or $50 + GST for ASIS members.
Corporate Partner Membership, beyond benefiting members directly, the partnership between affiliated industry associations and the NZSA strengthens both industries. If you are an NZ-based Business or Trade Member affiliated with the NZSA, you are eligible for NZSA Corporate Partner membership.
Associate Individual Partner Membership, beyond benefiting members directly, the partnership between affiliated industry associations and the NZSA strengthens both industries. If you are an NZ-based Individual or Life Member of an affiliated Association, you are eligible for NZSA Associate Individual Partner membership.