Here at the NZSA we assist our security members by finding them suitable candidates to work within their organisations.
We are currently seeking candidates who are new to the industry and unemployed, those whose employment might be unstable or have lost their jobs due to Covid-19. You will need to be located in either the Northland, Auckland or Waikato regions.
To work in the industry, you need to be/have:
- At least 18 years old
- Able to work irregular hours (the industry runs 24/7)
- Able to work alone
- High levels of personal presentation
- Reasonable fitness as there may be some walking involved and you need to be able to stand for long periods of time
- Have a clean criminal record
- An NZ drivers license is preferable as well as your own reliable transport
- Comfortable and confident speaking to a diverse range of people
- Good, clear written and spoken English
- You must be an NZ resident or citizen
- *Please note: the security industry operates through all Covid-19 alert levels.
There are many roles available including:
- Security Guards
- Mobile Patrol Officers (you must have a full clean NZ drivers license)
- Monitoring Operators
- Security Technicians
If you would like to find out more about the career opportunities within the security industry, please click here