Where you’ll be working: Waikato Hospital, Hamilton
The details: Permanent, 80 hours per fortnight
The Waikato District Health Board, Attendant, Security and Parking Services is seeking suitably qualified staff in this new, important and exciting role.
About the service:
The security staff form part of the Attendants, Security and Parking department.
The Attendant department currently employs around 120 staff working a 24 hour 7 day a week basis the Security and Parking operation is also a 24 hour, 7 day operation, utilising a group of contract staff of around 60 staff.
About the role:
The security services staff are a key service area within the DHB which is responsible for the day to day campus safety of patients and staff employed onsite.
This position has the day to day shift responsibility for the security guard team working at the DHB. This new role will also work on a 24/7 rostered basis. The role reports to the Team Leader Security.
Responsibilities are but not limited to:
- attending all emergency calls, fire alarm calls, burglar alarm activations.
- ensuring the various DHB buildings are secure afterhours.
- incident investigation and reporting.
A key role is developing/assisting in the implementation of a positive security safety culture and the setting of effective service standards and operating procedures.
With active support from the Team Leader and Security Services, this role would also ensure the following:
- People feel welcome and safe. All people are treated with respect and care regardless of differences or behaviour.
- Safe, effective, consistent and responsive delivery of outstanding Security services and technology solutions.
- Safe and responsive support and coordination of any emergency Security Calls and critical incidents.
- Healthcare Security Services are aligned with organisational values, and clinical values and practice.
- Your own and team compliance at all times with the law, Waikato DHB policies and Security SOPs and other operating procedures, including Health and Safety
- Security Guards are supported and guided to execute their roles and responsibilities to the highest standards.
- Consistent level of excellent customer service.
- Waikato DHB property is secure and free of hazards.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced, passionate and motivated professional to become an integral member of an innovative and progressive team who are committed to a high level of customer service to the wider DHB.
We are a values based and inclusive organisation that is committed to deliver the best health outcomes for our total population. To do this, we are working hard to develop a robust and capable workforce that reflects the population we serve. We strongly encourage applicants from all backgrounds with the necessary capability and who share our values to apply and would greatly value seeing more applicants from our Maori communities.
Please apply directly online, and click here to review the position description. Applications are not able to be accepted via email. For specific queries about the role, please contact Rex Valenzuela in the Recruitment Team via [email protected]
Closing date: 28 March 2021
Theme “People at Heart” – Te iwi Ngakaunui
- Give and earn respect – Whakamana
- Listen to me; talk to me – Whakarongo
- Fair play – Mauri Pai
- Growing the good – Whakapakari
- Stronger together – Kotahitanga