Our client, HSM is a leading provider of integrated full-service security and fire solutions to the commercial and residential market. Our commitment to delivering high calibre security and fire projects, services, and solutions to customers, matched with our excellence in operational delivery, is what differentiates us in the industry.
As a result of substantial growth, we are seeking an experienced Business Operations Manager to manage and drive our Security, Fire and Service delivery division. Sitting in our Management Team and reporting directly to the CEO, this key role will ensure strong leadership of our Operations Team, overseeing all aspects of technical and servicing operations, with a focus on fostering a high-performance culture and outstanding service delivery.
About the Role
- Contributing to and leading the Operations Business Plan with a focus on executing growth strategies
- Ensuring sound financial and business practices are applied Building, motivating and leading a talented team to ensure success in business deliverables
- Active management of workflow and work in progress, establishing KPIs and ensuring accountability
- Team management including recruitment, training /development and performance management
- Promoting positive collaborative customer relationships, with a value-added solution focus and an emphasis on outstanding service delivery
- Maintaining a strong health and safety culture, ensuring H&S documentation and site management procedures are in place
- Effective operation of the job management systems
- Overseeing management of the stock and certification for the fire division Managing the tenders and projects team and liaising with the Business Development Manager in relation to both new and existing work and projects.
As an experienced leader, you will have a proven track record in developing a positive and dynamic team culture that supports the wider organisation’s vision of encouraging and rewarding excellence in quality of work and service. Experience in the security industry is preferred but aligned business experience will be considered.
You will also:
- Have the ability to remain calm in the face of stress and setbacks, embracing a solution focus
- Have strong commercial acumen – you’ll know how to write a business plan and be able to demonstrate high literacy and financial ability including budgeting and report analysis
- Have experience interpreting, preparing and presenting reports
- Have an organised and systematic approach with strong planning and time management
- Be a great communicator with outstanding interpersonal and EQ skills, and the ability to influence
- Be highly motivated and goal oriented, and able to take ownership and follow through on identified actions
- Have an in-depth knowledge of health and safety including hazard identification, compliance and have relevant site safe certifications or a willingness to obtain the same
- Be able to ensure compliance across the business.
- Hold a valid driver’s license
Our workplaces are drug and alcohol free – all successful applicants will be required to undertake pre-employment testing.
Due to border and Covid-19 restrictions, applicants must currently be residing and working in New Zealand.
CLOSING DATE: 22nd October 2020
Please apply via: Seek
Due to the fast-paced nature of HSM, we may commence interviews prior to the closing date, so please apply without delay.