Zealand Security Association Incorporated (Incorporated Society no. 217462). We respect the privacy of our members and the users of https://security.org.nz/ (our ‘website’) and the goods and services provided by us.
2.1 We may collect personal information (including, but not limited to, your name, email
address, phone number, and postal address) from you when you:
a communicate with us or our representatives;
b submit to us a membership application form, or any other form or order related to
the services or goods provided by us;
c sign up to be a candidate or employer for NZSA’s Work Broker Programme; or
d use this website, including, but not limited to, when you use this website to update
personal information we hold about you.
2.2 You may decide not to provide your personal information to us. However, if you do not
provide such information, we may not be able to provide you with access to certain information, goods or services.
We will not use or disclose your personal information except in accordance with this policy
or the Privacy Act 1993. We may use your personal information to:
· grant you membership to the NZSA;
· communicate with you;
· assess your participation in the NZSA Work Broker Programme either as a candidate or as an employer;
· provide you with membership related communications and information;
· provide you with services and information on goods and services including, but not limited to, information relating to sponsorship and events;
· facilitate your attendance at any training or event;
· provide you with information other than membership communications, including, but not limited to, providing you with promotional materials and news where you agree to receive such information;
· improve or update our information, goods or services or to develop new information, goods and services;
· operate this website and to provide functionality of this website;
· improve or update this website and our information and services;
· analyse usage of this website; and
· generate and publish aggregate or statistical information that does not identify you.
Your personal information may be made available internally and to our agents, contractors or service providers for the above purposes. We will only use or disclose personal information that you have provided to us, or which we have obtained about you:
· for the above-mentioned purposes; or
· if you have authorised us to do so; or
· if we have given you notification of the intended use or disclosure and you have not objected to that use or disclosure; or
· if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to assist a law enforcement agency or an agency responsible for national security in the performance of their functions; or
· if we believe that the use or disclosure is reasonably necessary to enforce any legal rights we may have, or is reasonably necessary to protect the rights, property and safety of us, our customers or others; or
· if we are required or permitted by law to disclose such information.
5. Storage and security
Personal information collected by us is collected and stored by the NZSA. We will take reasonable steps to protect personal information that is held by us from unauthorised access, use, disclosure, alteration or destruction.
6. Our website
Our website may contain hyperlinks to websites operated by third parties or application programming interfaces to access Facebook or other accounts. We are not responsible for the content of such websites or the way those websites or those applications collect, store, use and distribute any personal information you provide. When you visit third party websites through the website, we encourage you to review the privacy statements of those websites so that you can understand how the personal information you provide may be collected, stored, used and disclosed.
7. Right to access and correct
You may request access to, or correction of, any personal information we hold about you by contacting the NZSA by using the contact details shown on the website. To ensure that the information we hold about you is accurate and current please update your information on the website as soon as possible after such information changes.
8. Automated collection of non-personal information
8.1. When you visit our website, we may use automated tools and methods (such as cookies and sessions) to collect certain information about your visit, including, but not limited to:
· the internet protocol address and domain name used by your computer to connect to the internet;
· the operating system and the browser your computer uses and any search engine or inbound hyperlink used to reach this website;
· the date, time and duration of your visit; and
· the pages viewed by you.