The Fair Pay Agreements Bill has received royal assent and been passed into law on 1 December 2022.
The Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment has published relevant information, including:
- Fair Pay Agreements page (Employment New Zealand website): Fair Pay Agreements » Employment New Zealand
- Overview of the FPA system: The Fair Pay Agreement system (employment.govt.nz)
- Info sheet for employees: Understanding Fair Pay Agreements – A quick guide for employees (employment.govt.nz)
- Info sheet for employers: Understanding Fair Pay Agreements – A quick guide for employers (employment.govt.nz)
- Updated information on the MBIE website: Fair Pay Agreements | Ministry of Business, Innovation & Employment (mbie.govt.nz)
You may also wish to subscribe to the Employment New Zealand newsletter and social media channels, where we release updates about Fair Pay Agreements and other employment-related topics:
- Employment New Zealand newsletter (subscription link)
- Employment New Zealand Facebook and LinkedIn
We would encourage you to share this information with those in your network, as this will likely be of interest to both employers and employees.
The Fair Pay Agreement Act commences on 1 December 2022. Further information will be made available closer to the time.
Security Guards have been publicly mentioned by the government and unions as one of the first industry sectors likely to be involved in bargaining under the FPA legislation and whilst dependent on a ratification process, it is almost certain that the NZSA, as the peak industry representative body, will be appointed as the negotiating party for industry employers.
Below is information from MBIE, with reference sites for further information:
View the Proposed Fair Pay Agreement System (May 2022) PDF here.
View the MBIE Fair Pay Agreement Presentation (July 2022) PDF here.